The NPSL is a national league that operates in the 4th Division of the U.S. Soccer pyramid. NPSL teams are eligible to participate in the U.S. Open Cup through their affiliation with the U.S. Soccer Federation (USSF) and the United States Adult Soccer Association (USASA). The NPSL operates in over 70 markets from across the country and is currently one of the fastest-growing soccer leagues in the U.S. Four North American Soccer League (NASL) clubs, Minnesota United, Carolina Railhawks, Atlanta Silverbacks and New York Cosmos B, operate teams in the NPSL as reserve teams.
Expansion and Membership
The NPSL is committed to growing the sport of soccer in the United States in a sustainable way. The 2016 expansion plan is to grow strategically by strengthening our existing conferences and expanding the national footprint of the NPSL into new areas of the country that does not currently have high level soccer. New member applications are currently being accepted.
What makes the NPSL unique?
- Professionally operated teams
- Teams comprised of players holding amateur playing status (high school, collegiate and former professional athletes)
- Players maintain college eligibility and play at an elite level with a mix of young and veteran players
- Teams can choose to sign professional players, or take in players on loan from professional teams - Showcase for players who aspire to move to the professional level
- Owners of the teams comprise the league board and operating committees
- Low entry cost and low annual dues for league membership provide a sustainable business model
- Extremely competitive league structure. Regional Conferences keep travel expenses low, with advancement to National Championship
To learn more about how to become a member of the National Premier Soccer League please contact Joseph Barone, NPSL Chairman, at JBarone@npslsoccer.net