NPSL Expansion Opportunities
The NPSL is a national league that operates in the 4th Division of the U.S. Soccer pyramid. NPSL teams are eligible to participate in the U.S. Open Cup through their affiliation with the U.S. Soccer Federation (USSF) and the United States Adult Soccer Association (USASA). The NPSL operates in over 80 markets from across the country and is currently one of the fastest-growing soccer leagues in the U.S. Two Major League Soccer (MLS) clubs, D.C. United and the New York Red Bulls, and Four North American Soccer League (NASL) clubs, Minnesota United, Carolina Railhawks, Atlanta Silverbacks and Oklahoma City FC, operate teams in the NPSL.
The NPSL is committed to growing the sport of soccer in the United States in a sustainable way. The 2015 expansion plan is to grow strategically by strengthening our existing conferences and expanding the national footprint of the NPSL into new areas of the country that does not currently have high level soccer.
What Makes the NPSL Unique?
- Professionally operated teams
- Teams comprised of players holding amateur playing status (high school, collegiate and former professional athletes)
- Players maintain college eligibility and play at an elite level with a mix of young and veteran players
- Showcase for players who aspire to move to the professional level
- Owners of the teams comprise the league board
- Low entry cost and low annual dues for league membership provide a sustainable business model
- Extremely competitive league structure. Teams play in Regional Conferences to keep travel expenses low while benefiting from infrastructure of a national league
To learn more about how to become a member of the National Premier Soccer League please contact Joseph Barone, NPSL Chairman, at JBarone@npslsoccer.net